Information for Therapists
Social Skills and Autism – the Challenge
Are you looking for an effective training program for your young patients? Are you interested in trying an innovative gamified platform that will complement the frontal sessions with your patients? Could the children you treat benefit from a computerized home tasks system with automatic reports so that you can monitor their progress?
EmotiTeam – a Great Tool to Learn about Emotions!
Research has shown that children with autism can significantly improve their abilities to recognize emotions and their social skills in general using computerized tools. Following are a few of the numerous benefits of a computerized environment for a child with autism:
- Children with autism love computers, and most of them prefer this activity over any other. Why not harness this preference to meaningful learning?
- As a rule-based, predictable system, the computerized environment is especially suitable for children with autism, enabling them to relax and focus on learning.
- A computerized learning program provides an individualized experience, allowing each child to progress at their own pace and to develop their individual strengths and abilities.
Surprise! There are Many Signs in People’s Faces to Tell You How They Feel. Learn About Them – You’ll be Surprised…
Max certainly knows all the clues for recognizing surprise in a person’s face, but he doesn’t have a clue about the surprise party Professor Zinkman is organizing for him!
The following two guiding principles have been shown to significantly improve an autistic child’s abilities:
(1) Systematic and structured teaching.
(2) Intrinsic motivation.
EmotiTeam offers both and much more:
- A systematic and structured program– More than 50 interactive lessons and practice activities, as well as a learning management application that controls and tracks the child’s activity.
- Having fun while learning– Dozens of learning-by-doing tasks, exploration ideas, quizzes, role-playing perspectives and ToM activities, and many other hands-on tasks provide a dynamic and rich learning experience.
- Learning while interacting with significant others – Learning tasks can be extended to beyond just the child and his/her mediator to also include family and friends.
- Digitally interacting in a social environment –The program includes a safe, closed and private course-dedicated social network that supports social communication, sharing and teamwork, which are important communication skills in our modern age.
- Openness and flexibility– The content can easily be adapted according to age group, functioning level, and personal preferences. Tasks are designed to either be performed at a basic level or they can be ramped up to more advanced levels.
- Tailored especially to the child’s needs – The system was created through an iterative development process that included the participation of children with autism and their families, as well as consultation with experts and professionals in the field.
The Test Results Show: It Actually Works!
EmotiTeam’s core content consists of the emotion recognition lessons, which were evaluated by an international team of leading researchers. Clinical trials were carried out with more than 100 children in 4 different countries in order to evaluate the lessons’ effectiveness.
EmotiTeam – A Social Skills Evidence-Based Intervention Program for Your Young Patient
Social skills development requires a life-long effort of continual learning and training. To achieve this goal, EmotiPlay’s program provides a rich variety of content that can be applied in therapy or in everyday life and which addresses ToM, perspective-taking, and generalization.
The system is supported on various platforms.
Research has shown that a systematic intervention program to teach emotion recognition and understanding results in a significant improvement in a child’s emotion recognition and socialization.